Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love in All Forms

Last night was easily one of the greatest nights I've ever had.

He came down after work and brought me Italian food, which I had been craving for days. He also went out of his way to pick up a bottle of wine for us too even though he hates wine. We sat outside on the balcony and just enjoyed the warm weather and each other's company as we ate. He made the usual dorky jokes that I fell in love with him for and he made me feel so pampered and loved. He really went out of his way to show me how he felt. He really made me feel special.

Dinner was great and romantic. He rubbed my feet as we talked about our days and our future together, and we just relaxed. I loved that side of us. I loved just sitting there, fully focusing on each other, and just sharing a moment together.

Later on we piled up in bed and set our fantasy teams, exchanged some smack talk, watched an episode of one of our new shows and played a little pokemon. As I laid there I thought about how I loved this part more than the romantic dinner and wine. This was the real us. Piled up with our electronics being super dorky but still madly in love with each other.

Any couple can get dressed up and go out to some dimly lit restaurant and have the greatest night ever. But it takes a couple that truly, deeply loves each other and wants their relationship to thrive to just lie around in bed together being complete dorks after that romantic dinner and feel fully comfortable and still madly in love.

I'm so glad we're the dorks that we are. :) I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment