Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Go Blind

Hello world,
     I believe that every first blog post always feels like an introduction on the first day of school. You know the feeling, the awkward standing in front of a classroom full of snobby kids that you know are secretly judging you as you stutter over your own name and what you wanted to be when you "grew up." So here it goes...

Hi, my name is Katie Hall and I'm from a tiny town called Vinemont, Alabama. I grew up here on a secluded farm-like setting and drove about twenty minutes to school every day of my K-12 career. I maintained excellent grades throughout school and participated in many riveting and social skill developing after school activities such as marching band and drama club. I was on the color guard, in the symphonic band, jazz band, and pit orchestra. In case you haven't been able to tell already, I'm a huge nerd. 

I graduated and moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to a school more known for its football abilities than its academics. A school that pays their head coach more than my entire department of professors combined and multiplied by six. (We know our priorities here people, and that's beating the snot out of Auburn and Florida *cought*Tebow for criesman *cough*)

So here it goes, the first intro piece:

I have been urged to start blogging again by several of my friends, family, and professors. After turning in what I assumed was a well-written paper to a public relations professor before spring break, he called me into his office for a meeting. He sat me down and asked me very seriously why I was not in the journalism field. I answered very jokingly that it was because I enjoy eating and having a roof over my head at night and they don't pay journalists enough to have those "luxuries." He then urged me to start writing every day just to see how it works. He knows I have been struggling with some personal identification problems lately and he wants to see if this will help. I appreciate his concern but highly doubt that my personal musings will turn me into the next Carrie Bradshaw....


but then again, you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment